3.26.2006

There and Back Again

I'm anxious for another adventure. I wasn't able to go away during March break this year, and it made me realize that it has been well over a year since I've had a proper vacation where I've packed a bag and left the city for a while. When did I start pretending to be a grown-up?

Nostalgia took me back to some pictures from my not-so-recent excursions...

I watched this street actor/mime in Rome for several minutes while he stood completely still, with no expression on his face. Eventually, an adorable little girl ran up to him, gave him a huge grin and reached up to him with her hand. He broke his stony facade for a moment to bend down, shake her hand, and give her a gorgeous smile.
I had never been in a ballroom until I visited this one, at the palace in Prague. Sarah and I attempted to waltz across the floor, until a staff member asked us to stop. Apparently the floor isn't as sturdy as it used to be.
Notting Hill, London, England.
The Grand Canal in Venice was as spectacular as I had expected. It definitely wasn't as stinky as I had been warned it would be. My gondolier's name was Francesco. He didn't' sing.
Michelle and I (plus Sarah, behind the camera) in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I would give almost anything to be sitting on a sunny, sandy beach right now.
Innie or outie?

3 Comments:

Blogger Deblin said...

Won't lie. Really excited that you got one of these and not a myspace. 'cause now you on MY block, yo.

This summer I am hoping to visit the Fairbanks in Portugal. If I can work out the money and my friend Christy in Belfast (who's from Edmonton) will come with me -she said she'd love to when I told her about my travel path last night- I think I'm going to do the Andorra route from Lisbon. Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Andorra La Vella, Toulouse, Paris. Or maybe Bordeaux. But how can I go to France and not see Paris? Come on now.

You should come. Don't you even think about no.

Mon Mar 27, 04:34:00 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

You have a blog, awesome.

Wed Mar 29, 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Anil said...

Beautiful Pics and places... lucky you...

am

Wed Mar 29, 12:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home