6.04.2006

.overwhelm.overwhelming.overwhelmed.

This weekend has felt like a lifetime of happenings packed into 3 days. So much has been going on that I haven't had much of a chance to sit, breathe, and let everything sink in. Take today, for example: I woke up, went to church, went to lunch with my family and family friends, came home for 30 minutes, drove my sister to work, ran errands, did ridiculous amounts of laundry, got caught in an almost inescapable and ridiculous conversion attempt by a crazy religious fanatic (at the laundromat!?), did some cleaning, ate some dinner... and now it's almost 10pm. You get the idea.

Now that I've been able to stop for a minute, I (selfishly) wonder if it was better when I didn't have any time to reflect... to stay at least sort of blissfully semi-ignorant of how much is going on, how tired I am, all the things I still have to think about, and just how much attention I haven't been giving to others (and what could have happened in the meantime)...

It hits like a ton of bricks. And today, it hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home