7.04.2006

Precious

It's a small miracle: I'm sitting in my room with no one else around.

I managed to get home from work today before 5pm, which was another small miracle. As soon as I realized that I was the only one here, that I didn't have any pressing things to attend to, and no one asking me to do things for them, I was excited. It seems so rare to get a moment to myself these days, and it's at times like these that I realize just how much I value my time. I get stressed, anxious and angry when people make demands on my time that I'm not prepared to deal with. I hate when it's assumed that any free time of mine is dead time where I'm "doing nothing". Despite the extrovert that I think I am, I really do treasure moments where I'm alone and free of any pressures. I love being able to sit, unwind, and be allowed to stay silent for a while, but it's more than that. I need it. I covet it.

It's a precious commodity, and I'll treasure as much of it as I'm given.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deblin said...

With time like that, a girl could get on a plane and get over here already. What's your problem? Why are you always just thinking of yourself? Jeeze!

Wed Jul 05, 05:25:00 PM  
Blogger Sabs said...

It sure is the hardest thing to find! Go figure that it was quickly replaced with being recruited to build Ikea furniture. Boo.

Deb - I know, so selfish. I should definitely be trading every moment of rebuilding my sanity to hop on a plane to Ireland. : )

Wed Jul 05, 05:36:00 PM  
Blogger Deblin said...

Damn straight, it's selfish! I am having serious issues over here!

Thu Jul 06, 07:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home