4.22.2006

Late Night Irony

First of all, there was this from last night:


'Nuff said, I think.

On a more serious note: this afternoon, P and I were sitting in Green Mango, talking about the amazing turns that her friend's mother has taken in her fight against cancer. It's an incredible story - as I've been updated on the situation, it definitely left me marvelling at how much things can change when you least expect them to. Later today, I came home and checked my email. To my surprise, there was a message letting me know that someone I had gone to youth group with several years ago, passed away yesterday after recently being sick with cancer. While I don't know all the details about how long he had been sick for and what type of cancer it was, I do know that he was no more than a few years older than me. I also remember from my past interactions with him (during our brief time of being in the same youth group, and despite the fact that we weren't what I would call close friends) that he was very warm and friendly, well-respected, and that he was a very talented pianist. Tonight, I'm left marvelling again at how much things can change when you least expect them to.

Deepest sympathies to the Quek family
2 Thessalonians 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home