8.28.2006

Think Pink


As many of you might already know, my good friend Michelle was diagnosed with breast cancer just a few weeks ago. She is only 26 years old. Right now she is undergoing chemotherapy treatments and preparing for a double masectomy in January 2007. Cancer is something that leaves people with a feeling of helplessness - I now know that from firsthand experience. Unfortunately, it's pretty likely that many of us in the general population have been affected, or will be affected at some point in time, in this way.

I don't like feeling helpless. While I can accept that I have no control over who gets sick and how it happens, I can also choose to be proactive when my laziness doesn't get the best of me. In this case, I have chosen to take part in the CIBC Run For The Cure, for Michelle and for so many others out there whose lives have been affected by breast cancer. While the funds raised won't go directly to Michelle, they will be used for research, education, and early detection/treatment programs. This DOES make a difference. The Run takes place on October 1st, and I am very excited to be a part of it. I am proud to be part of a team of Michelle's friends who are doing something small to make a difference.

For anyone who is interested in supporting me in the fight against breast cancer, donations of any amount are absolutely appreciated. Click here to visit my donation page. Otherwise, for those of you who pray, that variety of support is huge as well. The response I've already received so far has been amazing - thank you all so much!

And to all of YOU... thank you for taking the time to read this "public service announcement".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home