8.30.2006

Timing really is everything.

So, for those of you who read and commented on this previous post, here's another story for you.

I just came home from the movie theatre. While I was waiting in the lobby for my friend to show up, this short guy in a doo-rag walks towards me, rapping (badly). Then he decides to stand in front of me, still rapping. All I could do was stare in mild shock... 'cause really, what else do you do when there's a random guy standing right in front of you, leaving you no choice but to look at him while he spouts off some weird rhymes about a girl named Samantha, who looks like a belly dance-a?

He then comes and stands beside me (I'm definitely not looking at him now), and the mind-blowingly intelligent conversation goes like this:

" 'Sup?"
(unfriendly voice) "Hi...?"
"What's your name?"
(cell phone rings, purposely taking long time to dig through purse) "Sorry, one sec."
(starts walking away) "I'm comin' back."
"Uh huh, whatever." (cringe, cringe, cringe)

Thank you Sarah, for the amazingly timed text message... even though you had no idea what I was dealing with!

Now, more than ever, I'm convinced that I'm a magnet for complete wackos. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home