10.15.2006

O Captain, My Captain

October is turning out to be a heck of a month! Last weekend was the roadtrip adventure, and tonight I was fortunate enough to be at the ACC with my sister. We were there to catch the Toronto Maple Leafs vs. the Calgary Flames in action, and I was very excited for a few reasons:
  1. I am a hockey nerd, and it had been a couple years since my last game.
  2. Being a hockey nerd, I know that the Leafs and Flames hardly ever see each other in a game since they come from different conferences.
  3. Mats Sundin was going into this game 3 goals shy of his 500th career goal. I wanted to be there in case it actually happened.
  4. Having the Calgary flames in town means having Iginla and Kiprusoff in town - it would be cool to see them play.
  5. It was Pink Ribbon Night, in support of breast cancer research.
  6. I got to wear my beloved Leafs jacket for the first time ever.
  7. I was taking my sister with me, and she had never been to a game before.
I'll save you most of the play-by-play. Suffice it to say that I was not disappointed. It was an amazing game. Possibly one of the most exciting I've ever watched.


The Leafs won it in overtime with one magical goal - Sundin scored a shorthanded goal (which means we had one less player on the ice due to a penalty), making it a hat trick (3 in a game by 1 player), winning the game in overtime and also reaching his 500th career goal.


This is the stuff legends are made of. He's not the captain for nothing.

GO LEAFS GO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home